This exercise will support you to:
- Take a break
- Feel more grounded and in control
- Draw a line under the highs and lows of your week
It’ll take about 10 minutes to complete
before you get started…
- Take your time, there is no rush, move like a sleepy sloth
- Grab a pen and some paper
- Find a comfy and quiet(ish) place to sit
- Write down your answers to the questions below, as much or as little as you like
- Spend as long as you like on this and come back to it if you need to
- Follow the exercise to the end if you feel up to it
okay, right now, FOCUS ON YOU
- Take three deep breaths – in through your nose and out through your mouth – closing your eyes if you comfortable doing so
- Close your eyes (again, if you feel comfortable) and sense:
- How do your feet feel?
- How does your stomach feel?
- And how do your shoulders feel?
- Take a moment to relax any areas of tension that you can feel in your body and if you can, raise a smile
- How would you describe how you are feeling right now? Perhaps if not in words, then a colour or shape
- Describe your week in three words – be honest!
- What have you found most challenging this week?
- Is there anything in this week that you’ve enjoyed?
- What have you done this week that has helped you feel calm?
- What support, near or far, has helped you most?
- What do you want to do more of in the coming days?
- What do you want to do less of?
- What will help you stick to these intentions?
- What three things are you most grateful for this week?
- Again, take three deep breaths – in through your nose and out through your mouth – closing your eyes if you comfortable doing so
- How are you feeling right now?
- And you’re done. Well done!
- If you fancy it, choose a song that fits your mood, put it on and do what feels good – dance, lie down, just listen